Tenant Portal and Resources
We're glad to have you as a tenant, and we're focused on providing you the BEST AROUND service you deserve. On this page you'll find access to a variety of things which will make your stay just that much easier. If you have any questions that aren't addressed here, please CONTACT US.
Paying Your Rent
Arthur Kowitz Realty offers a variety of ways to make your rental payment. You can CLICK HERE to go over options, and make payment arrangements if nessesary.
Tenant Statement Portal
At the middle of each month we upload all tenant statements to a portal, and you have access to all your payment records. CLICK HERE to register and then login. You will need your account ID and a valid email address to start. To obtain this information, please CONTACT Accounts Receivable.
New to the Area?
Check out our RESOURCES PAGE for handy links on the Greater Daytona Beach area.
We Value Your Feedback
- Why should I rent from your company?
- How do I apply to rent?
- Will I sign a lease?
- When and where do I pay my rent?
- Who do I contact if I am going to be late, and will I be charged a late fee?
- How does my payment history affect my credit?
- What if I need something repaired?
- What if I have an emergeny after-hours or on the weekend?
- What if I want to get a pet?
- What if my personal property is damaged by fire, flood, leak, hurricane, etc?
- What if I want to stay after my lease is up?
- What do I do if I want to move?
- What happens if I move out before my lease is up?
- How do I make sure I get my full deposit back?
- What if I want to buy a house?
We are a professional, knowledgable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience.
- Our company has been rated the #8 real estate company in the US by the Wall Street Journal! We love what we do, and it shows!
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
Check out our application guidelines to be sure you qualify, then complete our application form and submit it to us along with the application fee for the home you want. We'll process it and let you know the results.
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we'll hand you the keys to your home!
Please refer to your lease for your due-date, however most rents are due on the 1st of every month, with a specific grace period.
DLP Realty offers a variety of ways to make your rental payment:
- In person at our office via personal check or money order.
- After-hours via a secure drop-box outside our office.
- Mail in your personal check or money order (please allow for delivery time).
- COMING SOON! Pay online using your debit-card, credit-card, or eCheck.
You must submit in writing, by the 4th, why you will be late and expected date of payment. CLICK HERE to send in your "Promise to Pay".
A $50 late fee, as per your lease, will be charged if rent is not paid by the 4th of every month. **This is with most leases, however there are some older leases which have different dates. Please check your lease for specifics.
Even if you make payment arrangements, we must serve all late residents a 3-day notice. The charge for this service is $30.
When you apply for a mortgage, the Lender contacts us for your payment history. If you are frequently late, had any 3-day notices, or had an eviction filed, this could affect the outcome of your mortgage application.
Additionally, evictions become a matter of public record, and can affect any future rental properties that you apply for.
If you leave a property owning money, you have 30 days to settle the debt, or it will be sent to a collection agency.
All maintenance requests must be submitted in writing. Valid and reasonable requests will be repaired as soon as possible. Requests can be submitted:
- ONLINE is the quickest and easiest way. CLICK HERE
- Email it to MaintMgr@akr1.com
- Fax to: 386-677-7482
- After-hours in the gold drop-box outside the lobby door.
- In person at our office during business hours.
- Mail to our office at: 1501 Ridgewood Ave, STE 217, Holly Hill, FL 32117
Be sure to include your name, date, where you live, and a phone number where the Maintenance Coordinator can reach you. Be specific about the problem. Note whether we can use a key and whether you have any pets that our maintenance staff should be aware of.
Call 386-677-7678 and listen to the recording. It will direct you to an emergency maintenance line that alerts the proper staff member. Don't forget to include your address and phone number so they can return your call and determine the action needed. Fire, police, or medical emergencies should be reported promptly to 911.
Note: Uncomfortable conditions that are not considered an emergeny will not be treated as one. Air conditioners, leaking or dripping faucets and/or toilets etc will be repaired on the next day of business. Please refer to our Tenant Maintenance Manual for common repairs you can do yourself.
Although many of our rentals are pet friendly, you must review your lease or call the office to see if a pet is allowed at your residence. If pets are allowed, there is a non-refundable pet fee of $150 prior to getting the pet, and a lease addendum you must sign before the pet can stay. If you allow a pet at your home without prior approval, for any length of time, you will incur a $100 fine.
We are not responsible for any residents' personal property. This includes, but is not limited to, automobilies, clothing, electronics, appliances, food, bedding, furniture, etc. Residents are encouraged to maintain a renter's insurance policy.
You may be sent a Lease Extension agreement about 2-3 months prior to lease end. This will include new lease dates and any rent increase. You can sign this to extend your lease, or you can continue at a month-to-month basis at a rental rate specified on the renewal letter.
State law requires a 15-day written notice prior to the end of the month. Example: You want to move on October 20th, so we must receive notice in our office no later than September 15th. Give your forwarding address so we can mail your security deposit refund directly to you without delay. Once you have vacated your residence, you must turn in your keys to our office or you will be charged rent per day until the keys are returned.
Note: If you change your mind, you can void your notice, however you must fill out another notice if you decide to move again. Don't forget to check our rental inventory for your next home!
You are legally responsible for the full term of your lease. If you move out beforehand, you will be charged rent until the end of your lease. If your residence is re-rented to a new tenant, you will receive a credit for those remaining months of your lease.
Example: Your lease is from January 1st to December 31st. You decide to move out on July 31st; you are still responsible for and will be charged August, September, October, November, and December. However, if we re-rent the residence on September 1st, your obligation is over for September through December.
You can find someone else to fulfill your obligation, but the new tenant must fill our an application, be approved, and sign a new lease.
Once your lease is up, you have given proper notice, and you have turned in your keys, we will preform a move-out inspection. If the property is left in the same or better condition as when you moved in, you will receive a refund of your deposit less any unpaid charges. Return of security deposits takes 15-30 days to process.
To ensure you get your full deposit back, please reference the Properly Cleaned Addendum you signed with your lease.
Our office is open Monday - Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
1501 Ridgewood Avenue, STE 217
Holly Hill, FL 32117
CLICK HERE TO MAP IT
We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact us using the form below or the contact information at the bottom of the page. **For maintenance requests, please CLICK HERE to ensure your request is received by the correct department.